You probably have heard about taking a flu shot to protect you from getting the flu. Have you wondered if flu shots work?
My first, and last, flu shot was taken in my last year working as a senior exec in the fashion industry. My boss made all senior management team get the flu shot as she could not afford for us to get sick. I still remember feeling a little unwell after it and some other people have reported the same. While I got through that winter without taking sick leave (and not disappoint my boss), I wasn’t well either as I was coughing ALL the time. In fact the cough continued all the way to summer, which never happened before for me. (And the day I handed in my resignation letter in summer, my cough stopped…well…this can be the subject of another blog entry! But suffice to say, stress does weaken your immunity!)
Anyway back to flu shot, well, I suggest you do your research to see why it may actually weaken your immunity. Not to say that flu shots only “protect” you from a very limited spectrum of viruses and bacteria. You can read a lot about it on, for example, Dr Mercola’s website.
Here is some information about flu shots that can easily be found from credible sources:
• 80 to 90% of flu vaccines distributed in the US contain mercury (in the form of thimerosal as preservative).
• Mercury is one of the most toxic heavy metals, known to poison the central nervous system (yes it makes your dumb…)
• A typical flu shot contains 50,000 parts per billion of mercury.
• The EPA classifies a liquid with 200 parts per billion of mercury as hazardous waste.
• The legal “safe” limit for mercury in drinking water is 2 parts per billion
• For each flu-shot, a 22-pound baby gets more than 25 times the amount of mercury considered safe.
• A material safety data sheet from Eli Lilly and Co., a former producer of flu vaccines, says exposure to thimerosal may include “fetal changes, decreased offspring survival and lung tissue changes. Exposure in utero and in children may cause mild to severe mental retardation and mild to severe motor coordination impairment.”
• Latest researches warn us of the danger of Aluminium as another neuro-toxin which is prevalent in common vaccines.
• Flu vaccines have not been proven to be effective to protect people from flu.
• Metals like mercury and alumium accumulation in the body are related to rising rates of autism, learning difficulties, ADHD and other neurological disorders
If you are considering a flu shot for yourself or your young ones, please check with your doctor and make sure your questions are answered!
Also visit this website to be an informed consumer: Organic Consumers
Ultimately, no drugs have ever cured any disease – it’s our immunity that does it, it has always been this way and you can bet it probably will continue to work this way! So why not boost your immunity naturally! (Click here to read related posts on boosting immunity)